Issue #7830 has been updated by luislavena (Luis Lavena).

kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI) wrote:
> Attached RFC patch.
>
> Usa-san, Nagachika-san, I'd like propose to add --disable-werror new configure option. The intention is, trunk developer continue to use -Werror
> for finding a mistake as far as earlier and branch maintainers manually disable -Werror when making tar ball. Is this acceptable?

Kosaki, I think the option should be the opposite.

By default, -Werror should be disabled and only enabled when --enable-werror is supplied to configure script, your patch just makes this configurable, it doesn't change the default.

Bug #7830: Ruby packages should not build with -Werror when distributed