Subject changed from Let's decide Ruby 2.0 supported platform list to Let's decide Ruby 2.0 supported platform list

Thank you for your comments.

I've created a draft page of the supported list:
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby-trunk/wiki/20SupportedPlatforms

kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI) wrote:
>  >   * Tier 1: the platform has a public CI (normally green) and is maintained by a ruby-core committer
>  >   * Tier 2: the platform is maintained by a ruby-core committer
>
>  I like a name of tier[12].

Agreed.  The draft uses the names and descriptions.  Thanks.

>  >   * 3rd Party: best-effort support by members of the ruby community (e.g. - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ruby_SIG)
>  >
>  > Note that the 3rd Party tier is an opportunity for commercial and non-commercial parties to get a form of (non-endorsed) advertisement.
>  >
>  > While it should be self evident that just because a platform (e.g. Arch Linux) is not listed in any support tier doesn't mean MRI won't build/test/install on that platform, consider adding something much shorter than the sentence you just finished. Essentially, "try it, and if it breaks let us know."
>
>  In this case, 3rd party want to use their own bug tracker.

If the 3rd parties themselves want us to list the pointer on the list, it looks a good idea to provide the pointer to the bug tracker.  May this just be harmful?

>  > Consider dropping the OS version as it's misleading and often out-of-date. For example, listing "Ubuntu 10.04 64bit" can be misinterpreted as meaning ruby-core is only supporting an outdated OS version. I know this to be false as I regularly test on Ubuntu 12.10 32bit and 64bit.

Personally I agree.

>  Hm. this is interesting and debatable idea. I have an another idea.
>
>  * Tier 1:
>    * Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit
>
>  * Tier 2:
>    * Ubuntu >10.04 64-bit
>

>  The background theory is, tier1 must have CI. then tier have to have
>  version number. "maybe work" should be categorized tier 2.

It looks to me pedantic a little.
BTW: with regard to Ubuntu, I heard that Naruse-san plans to include Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10 in Ruby CI.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>
Bug #7820: Let&#x27;s decide Ruby 2.0 supported platform list