Issue #7801 has been reported by chrismcg (Chris McGrath).

Bug #7801: Segfault with block called from continuation
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7801

Author: chrismcg (Chris McGrath)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p385 (2013-02-06 revision 39114) [x86_64-darwin11.4.2]

I'm getting a crash on OSX with 1.9.3-p385. I've also had the same crash on all the releases since at least -p194. I've seen some similar crash reports but nothing quite the same. Unfortunately this only happens intermittently when running my rails test suite and I haven't been able to make a simple reproduction.

The code where the crash occurs is in a model that uses the state_machine gem, specifically an around_transition which uses continuations internally. It's calling a block so given the intermittent nature of the crash perhaps the block is being GC'd at some point?

Our code looks like:

around_transition do |item, block|
  item.changing_state = true
  block.call