Issue #7773 has been reported by gaffneyc (Chris Gaffney).

Bug #7773: Calling send("attribute=", value) returns nil instead of value
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7773

Author: gaffneyc (Chris Gaffney)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 2.0.0-rc1

When calling an attribute writer created using either attr_accessor or attr_writer via send nil is returned from the send call instead of the new value.

I've attached a test case that is failing on current head (51794) and 2.0.0-rc1. I've done a git bisect and it looks like commit 37228 (db1e99cd) is the first offending commit.

I've been able to reproduce on OS X 10.8 and Ubuntu 12.04.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/