Issue #7755 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Subject changed from JSON::Generate#configure's argument conversion to JSON::Generate#configure's argument conversion

There's some more unreachable code in ext/json/parser/parser.rl:629
Bug #7755: JSON::Generate#configure's argument conversion

Author: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
Assignee: naruse (Yui NARUSE)
Category: ext
Target version: 2.0.0
ruby -v: r38977

I notice a tiny bug in ext/json/generator/generator.c:514

    tmp = rb_convert_type(opts, T_HASH, "Hash", "to_hash");
    if (NIL_P(tmp)) tmp = rb_convert_type(opts, T_HASH, "Hash", "to_h");
    if (NIL_P(tmp)) {
        rb_raise(rb_eArgError, "opts has to be hash like or convertable into a hash");
    }
    opts = tmp;

Bug is that rb_convert_type never returns nil.

Either both rb_convert_type are changed to rb_check_convert_type, or these lines are simply replaced by:

    opts = rb_convert_type(opts, T_HASH, "Hash", "to_hash");

I'd recommend this last option, for consistency with the rest of MRI.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/