Issue #7742 has been updated by duerst (Martin Dürst).

Mars (Hong Ha Dang ) wrote:

> > C:/RailsInstaller/scripts/config_check.rb:64:in 'exist?': code converter not
> > found <Windows-1258 to UTF-8>

Yes, windows-1258 (for Vietnamese) is currently not supported. The reason for this is because conversion from windows-1258 to UTF-8 should produce output in Unicode Normalization Form C. As an example, the sequence 0xE3 0xEC (LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH BREVE followed by COMBINING ACCUTE ACCENT) should not be converted to the sequence U+0103 U+0301, but to the single character U+1EAF (LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH BREVE AND ACCUTE).

This means that this bug depends on bug #6351. Unfortunately, I don't have time now to work on that bug; this will have to wait for March, sorry.

Bug #7742: System encoding (Windows-1258) is not recognized by Ruby to  convert back to UTF-8