On 23/01/13 22:48, luislavena (Luis Lavena) wrote:

> Issue #7712 has been updated by luislavena (Luis Lavena).
>

> Hello,
>
> More than filename and extensions, there is a line-ending issue.
>
> All the source code is LF (unix) which will result in something unreadable if opened with plain notepad (at least Windows 7 does a terrible job).
>
> I don't see all these files change line endings just to satisfy the Windows users. Normal developers will have a robust/better editor than Notepad which means filename with or without extensions to look around the source seems moot.
>
> I might be wrong, but at least I'm a Windows Ruby user and developer.

That assumes people only open files from within their editor.  Way back
when I was using Windows regularly I switched Scite in for Notepad so
double-clicking a .txt opened something moderately sane.  This seems
like a reasonable thing to want to do, and can't work without file
extensions.

This seems like a no-brainer to me.

--
Alex