On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Trans <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:

> So, no one over at ruby-talk seems to be able to tell me why my
> reimplementation of autoload doesn't quite work. Can anyone here perhaps
> shed some light?
>
>   https://github.com/rubyworks/autoload/blob/master/lib/autoload.rb
>

> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/ruby-talk-google/RbYIfsIV--U
>
> Currently the error I get when running `bundle exec` is:
>
>   bundler-1.2.3/lib/bundler/dsl.rb:128:in `initialize':
>       wrong number of arguments(1 for 0) (ArgumentError)

I believe I figured it out. The problem is that autoloads are triggered on
the first creation of a class or module via the literal `class Foo` or
`module Foo` notation. Lacking any callbacks for this it is not possible to
re-implement autoload in pure-Ruby. End of story.

Well then, a big thanks for nothing!