Issue #7698 has been updated by kou (Kouhei Sutou).

drbrain (Eric Hodel) wrote:

> Also, .time is new in ruby 2.0, what effect does this have on ruby 1.9 and ruby 1.8?

This change doesn't have effect on 1.9 and 1.8 because Makefile on 1.9 and 1.8 doesn't have .time. So the gsub is just ignored.

> I trust your judgement in adding this to RubyGems.  If you commit it to Ruby please commit it to RubyGems and let me know!

Thanks. :-)
I've committed this change to Ruby and RubyGems with a test case.
Detail is written in commit message of the commit at the RubyGems repository: https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/commit/a7cd1be541f2194fc8c1436d86bc05eb3a94500d

Bug #7698: RubyGems 2.0 has an incompatibility about installation of extension libraries