Issue #7604 has been updated by prijutme4ty (Ilya Vorontsov).

boris_stitnicky (Boris Stitnicky) wrote:
> Your proposal reminds me of trying to extend #coerce behavior. What you call "mirroring", happens with #coerce. "Double mirrorring" is prevented by simply by #coerce being required to return a compatible pair. That being said, I did have times, when I wanted operator-specific #coerce (eg. different physical quantities do not add or compare, but do multiply). Essentially, you are proposing:
>
> (1.) Let us have operator-specific #coerce (for #=== at least).
> (2.) Let us have #=== actually using its specific coerce for some chosen argument types.
>
> To me, achieving (1.) is imaginable as either #coerce taking an optional second argument, as in other.coerce( self, :=== ), or as having special #coerce_plus, #coerce_asterisk, #coerce_double_equal_sign, #coerce_triple_equal_sign etc.
>
> Achieving (2.) is more difficult. As you pointed out, many classes have their own #===. But it is a general case that operator methods should be written with #coerce in mind.
>
> Having thus reframed your proposal, let me also express my personal opinion about it: I would be in favor of cautiously implementing (1.), while (2.) means a bit work for everyone. I noticed that Marc Andre was also concerned about #coerce specification.

I like the idea of #coerce having additional argument(first time I thought whether current behavior of coerce can help me in solving this problem). Coercion implies that code of operators like + or === in built-in should be changed as in (2) case. I think that your solution can be actually much more flexible than mine. Also I can't realize any benefits of (2) over (1).
Feature #7604: Make === comparison operator ability to delegate comparison to an argument