Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:50849] [ruby-trunk - Feature #7517] Fixnum::MIN,MAX"
    on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:34:07 +0900, "tarui (Masaya Tarui)" <tarui / prx.jp> writes:

|Hi,
|
|It cannot imagine except the use-case of liking to know how far an integer being treated.
|so, I think Integer::MAX better then Fixnum::MAX.
|
|CRuby's Integer::MAX is INFINITY,isn't it?

INFINITY is a float.  Are you proposing introducing Bignum::INFINITY?
In any way, Integer::MAX being (Bignum::)INFINITY do not have any
additional info than having Bignum.  So I don't consider it useful.

|If I introduce a Integer subclass for extending a digit number on mruby, is it a Fixnum?
|Currently, Fixnum can have instance, and It is an immediate class.
|But, Is Fixnum changed into an abstract class?

Fixnum is by definition immediate number, so that it has bound limit
(thus I proposal MIN and MAX for it).  Integer is not.  Even if I add
another immediate integer (say SmallInt a la Smalltalk) to mruby, it
has no relation to Fixnum.

							matz.