--f46d043be15aaa2c9b04d0b470c9

Hi,

> I do not want to end Japanese-language discussion, but I believe a
stronger effort should be made to translate those discussions into English
so that the rest of the community can be informed.

What about some mirror of ruby-dev automatically translated via google
translate? I've seen some sites with this feature. Probably the quality of
the translation won't be very good, but we might be able to "have an idea"
of what's being discussed there periodically.

> Why don't you check ChangeLog/commit log and count new features only
discussed on ruby-dev?

This is a good idea, Naruse-san, but I think Erik wants to know what's
being discussed, not only the outcomes.

-----
Carlos Agarie

Control engineering
Polytechnic School, University of S Paulo, Brazil
Computer engineering
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA

2012/12/12 NARUSE, Yui <naruse / airemix.jp>

> 2012/12/13 subwindow (Erik Peterson) <erik / subwindow.com>:
> >>  And your worry is just illusion. As far as I know, almost all feature
> >>  discussion was discussed on ruby-core. So no one can solve an
> >>  illusion.
> >
> > I have no idea whether it is illusory or not. There is a lot of
> discussion in Japanese concerning changes to Ruby. I have no way of knowing
> how much of (for instance) ruby-dev makes its way onto ruby-core. I do not
> want to end Japanese-language discussion, but I believe a stronger effort
> should be made to translate those discussions into English so that the rest
> of the community can be informed.
>
> Why don't you check ChangeLog/commit log and count new features only
> discussed on ruby-dev?
>
> --
> NARUSE, Yui  <naruse / airemix.jp>

--f46d043be15aaa2c9b04d0b470c9

Hi,<br><br>&gt; I do not want to end Japanese-language discussion, but I believe a
stronger effort should be made to translate those discussions into
English so that the rest of the community can be informed.<br><br>What about some mirror of ruby-dev automatically translated via google translate? I&#39;ve seen some sites with this feature. Probably the quality of the translation won&#39;t be very good, but we might be able to &quot;have an idea&quot; of what&#39;s being discussed there periodically.<br>

2012/12/13 subwindow (Erik Peterson) &lt;erik / subwindow.com&gt;:<br>
&gt;&gt; nd your worry is just illusion. As far as I know, almost all feature<br>
&gt;&gt; iscussion was discussed on ruby-core. So no one can solve an<br>
&gt;&gt; llusion.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have no idea whether it is illusory or not. There is a lot of discussion in Japanese concerning changes to Ruby. I have no way of knowing how much of (for instance) ruby-dev makes its way onto ruby-core. I do not want to end Japanese-language discussion, but I believe a stronger effort shoulde made to translate those discussions into English so that the rest of the community can be informed.<br>

Why don&#39;t you check ChangeLog/commit log and count new features only<br>
discussed on ruby-dev?<br>
--<br>
NARUSE, Yui lt;naruse / airemix.jp&gt;<br>

--f46d043be15aaa2c9b04d0b470c9--