2012/12/13 subwindow (Erik Peterson) <erik / subwindow.com>:
>> What people can do is to persuade matz or fork Ruby.
>
> An attitude like this is almost guaranteed to end in a fork. I do not wan=
t Ruby forked.

Imagine you have a great idea but matz reject it because "I feel the
design is not so good".
You believe the design is best because it is optimized for the use case,
but you cannot explain the use case in detail.

What you can is fork Ruby and distribute it for people who want the feature=
.
If people adopt it, matz will change the mind and merge the feature.

REE did it and some part of its feature are merged.

Of course if the feature can be distributed as gem, it need not fork.

>> Standard language of discussion of designing Ruby is C and Ruby.
>> People can use English, Japanese and other natural languages for assista=
nce.

> How are we supposed to persuade matz and the people who have the most inf=
luence on him if the language of discussion is only spoken by 1.7% of the w=
orld's population? We have to utilize a lingua franca for us to communicate=
 our ideas with each other. In this day and age that language must be Engli=
sh.

matz can read English, so you can use English.

--=20
NARUSE, Yui  <naruse / airemix.jp>