>> What people can do is to persuade matz or fork Ruby.
>
> An attitude like this is almost guaranteed to end in a fork. I do not wan=
t Ruby forked.

>> Standard language of discussion of designing Ruby is C and Ruby.
>> People can use English, Japanese and other natural languages for assista=
nce.

> How are we supposed to persuade matz and the people who have the most inf=
luence on him if the language of discussion is only spoken by 1.7% of the w=
orld's population? We have to utilize a lingua franca for us to communicate=
 our ideas with each other. In this day and age that language must be Engli=
sh.

Proper language depend on the communication place. example, I and
naruse-san talk by English when discussing on ruby-core. but I usually
use Japanese when I get lunch with matz or other japanese developers.

We are already discuss by English, right? You can't inhibit face to
face meeting language because it's totally meaningless. you anyway
don't listen such talk. That is language independent issue. I think.

If you want to inhibit face to face discussion itself, it doesn't make
sense too because each rubist naturally talk about ruby when they meet
and get a lunch. Nobody can stop it.

And your worry is just illusion. As far as I know, almost all feature
discussion was discussed on ruby-core. So no one can solve an
illusion.

> Personally I don't think of this proposal as a "heavy process." I see it =
as a starting ground for discussion on how to make the evolution of Ruby a =
more collaborative process. With the challenges that face Ruby in the next =
couple of years, collaboration is *essential* for the continued prosperity =
of Ruby proper.