Issue #7549 has been reported by brixen (Brian Ford).

Feature #7549: A Ruby Design Process
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7549

Author: brixen (Brian Ford)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

Matz,

At RubyConf 2012, I gave a talk about a design process for Ruby (http://www.confreaks.com/videos/1278-rubyconf2012-toward-a-design-for-ruby). So far, over 12,000 people have viewed that talk. I think it is reasonable to say that many people are concerned about and interested in a design process for Ruby.

On Monday, we had an IRC meeting of Ruby implementers. Most of the points in my proposal were discussed but I'm concerned that a lot of confusion remains.

I have written a post that describes a Ruby design process and hopefully clarifies points that people found confusing:

http://brixen.io/2012/12/11/a-ruby-design-process

I would like to propose this process for making changes to Ruby. I am going to put a summary of the process at http://rubyspec.org/design and ask for people who support the process to submit their signature. I'd like to request that you consider the response from the community for my proposal.

Thank you,
Brian

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/