2012/12/12 Yorick Peterse <yorickpeterse / gmail.com>:
> While I'm not part of the Ruby core team I'd personally would like to
> see a slightly more convincing reason. What exactly is it that you aim
> to solve besides just fixing bugs? The latter can be done without commit
> access using the Github fork and I'm sure there are other ways as well.

If a person fixes many bugs, he/she must write many tickets and committers
must review and merge them.
It is troublesome.
So we sometimes invite people who contribute many bug fixes as a committer.

> Don't get me wrong, the more people help team matz the better but in my
> opinion being a member of the Ruby team comes with quite a few
> responsibilities that are not as easy as they initially might seem.

Don't worry.
If a commit breaks ruby, I'll revert it.
You can also report such buggy commits.

--
NARUSE, Yui  <naruse / airemix.jp>