Assignee set to mame (Yusuke Endoh)
Priority changed from Normal to High

Bug #7503: make timeout.rb async-interrupt safe by default

Author: kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI)
Assignee: mame (Yusuke Endoh)
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0
ruby -v: trunk

Hi

Again and again we discussed, current timeout.rb is very dangerous because ExitException interrupt argument code and unwind call stack immediately.
It may prevent to run ensure block and makes resource leak.

I proposed change default to interrupted only on blocking point.

patch is here.
https://gist.github.com/4195015

I also propse to add 'immediate' optional argument because it may help to make a workaround timeout.rb + zero blocking point corner case.

What do you think?

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/