Feature #6284: Add composition for procs

Author: pabloh (Pablo Herrero)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category:
Target version: next minor

=begin
It would be nice to be able to compose procs like functions in functional programming languages:

    to_camel = :capitalize.to_proc
    add_header = ->val {"Title: " + val}

    format_as_title = add_header << to_camel << :strip

instead of:

    format_as_title = lambda {|val| "Title: " + val.strip.capitalize }

It's pretty easy to implement in pure ruby:

  class Proc
    def << block
      proc { |*args| self.call( block.to_proc.call(*args) ) }
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/