Issue #7503 has been reported by kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI).

Bug #7503: make timeout.rb async-interrupt safe by default
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7503

Author: kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI)
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0
ruby -v: trunk

Hi

Again and again we discussed, current timeout.rb is very dangerous because ExitException interrupt argument code and unwind call stack immediately.
It may prevent to run ensure block and makes resource leak.

I proposed change default to interrupted only on blocking point.

patch is here.
https://gist.github.com/4195015

I also propse to add 'immediate' optional argument because it may help to make a workaround timeout.rb + zero blocking point corner case.

What do you think?

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/