On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM, SASADA Koichi <ko1 / atdot.net> wrote:
> (2012/12/03 15:26), Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>> I believe this will be a spec change, albeit a small one. Can we
>> expect a test or rubyspec to be added for the altered behavior?
>
> What is the best way to do with?
>
> I only removed one test from test/ruby/test_proc.rb it depends on
> previous behavior. (proc_obj == proc_obj.dup).

A similar change for RubySpec may be appropriate. In RubySpec, it
would be by putting a version guard around existing #== expectations
that are no longer valid on 2.0, something like this:

ruby_version_is "1.8.6...2.0.0" do

Note the exclusive range there. I think it's reasonable to assume that
if Object methods are not customized in Proc, there's no specified
behavior for them other than Object's (or else we'd have to specify
that every Object method in every subclass exhibits the same behavior
as Object).

> Making pull request to rubyspec?

That would be fine for now. We can get you commit rights as well.

> I need to learn how to write rubyspec to do it.

We'll happily walk you through that or answer any questions.

> (and how to make pull request!)

And this too :) Feel free to ping me on IRC whenever I'm around.

- Charlie