> Recently I've seen a lot of snarky tweets about the process around
> changes in Ruby. It seems to me that there *is* a real problem here,
> and I feel like this should be discussed here in the open.

This is a very important and emotionally charged subject, but I feel the timing is wrong.

The 2.0.0 release has everyone's focus, and I'm concerned the topic will not get the thoughtful, challenging discussion it deserves.

Would it be more productive to postpone this discussion until after the 2.0.0 release when everyone has had time to step away and introspect for a bit?

In addition to Magnus' points, there are other questions and tradeoffs we should pragmatically discuss. For example:

* What specifically do we (committers and non-committers) find most unproductive about the current process?
* How can we improve the quality of feature requests submitted to ruby-core?
* How can we more quickly triage/close issues? Bit rotting issues for 7,8,9+ months is corrosive on many levels.
* How can we leverage non-committer contributions more effectively?

I'd like to see one of the primary committers (Endoh-san?) re-open this discussion soon after the 2.0.0 festivities have ended.

Jon