Hello Magnus,

2012/11/29, Magnus Holm <judofyr / gmail.com>:
> ## Current process
>
> The current process seems something like this:
>
> 1. Someone opens a bug report.
> 2. Discussions.
> 3. matz acknowledges that it's something we should fix.
> 4. Discussions.
> 5. matz approves the whole or parts of the proposed changes.
> 6. It's implemented pretty quickly in trunk.

"Implemented" is not the final goal.  It continues:

7. Previews and RCs are released.
8. Someone reports a problem of some features.
9. matz (or a release manager) may reconsider and decide to keep,
change or cancel the features.
10. Official release. The spec is fixed!

> 1. More time between a change is proposed and accepted (let's say, 7 days).

I don't get your point.  Usually, the time between "proposed" and "accepted"
is (too) long because matz does not reply so soon.
Did you mean "accepted and implemented"?  It makes sense to me, but as I said
above, "implemented" is not "fixed."

Anyway, you want something like a public comment period, don't you?
Then, it is "now" for 2.0.0.

I say again.  Please try 2.0.0-preview and give us your feedback!

We cannot promise to reflect all your feedback to the official release, but
we will be happy to consider.  In fact, some feedback, e.g. #7300 and #7286,
triggered to revert some changes.

Thanks,

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>