Bug #7439: Please revert r32841

Author: vo.x (Vit Ondruch)
Assignee: nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
Category: build
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0dev (2012-11-07 trunk 37807) [x86_64-linux]

I cannot find any reference why r32841 was committed and what is the real issue it solves, but since R1.8 cannot be used as a baseruby anymore (./ext/extmk.rb:228:in `extmake': undefined method `prepend' for #<String:0x7fed568d8e20> (NoMethodError)) nor is Ruby 1.8 supported, I propose to remove this workaround and stay with standard RubyGems functionality.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/