Status changed from Open to Assigned
Assignee set to akr (Akira Tanaka)
Target version set to next minor

Feature #7360: Adding Pathname#glob

Author: aef (Alexander E. Fischer)
Assignee: akr (Akira Tanaka)
Category: lib
Target version: next minor

Currently there is only a Pathname.glob method, which allows you to find Pathname objects by a pattern including wildcard characters like '*'.

I would like to be able to use this relative to a current Pathname.

some_directory = Pathname.new('some_directory')
Pathname.glob(some_directory + 'a*')   # all children starting with "a"

could then simply be:

some_directory.glob('a*')   # all children starting with "a"

If you like the idea, please let me know. I will provide a patch then.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/