Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After becoming familar with the Object Model, I'm ready to dive into the
> ruby core sources.
>
> But before I do, I would like to reduce them to the minimal neccessary
> files to compile a something like "thin ruby" intepreter.
>
> Is something like this available?
[...]

a summary, collected from the answers within this thread:

cmd:> make -n miniruby

lists all files which are linked to a preliminary "miniruby" executable.

all .c files of the root directory (except "lex.c" and "main.c") are
compliled & linked to a library "libruby-static.a".

main.c is compliled and linked with "libruby-static.a", producing an
executable "miniruby".

This could be simplified further, to make the creation process more
transparent.

-

The build steps can be extracted to produce e.g. a "rubycore" executable.

The relevant sources are not kept in an seperate directory.

They are placed together with seversal other non-code files into the
rootdirectory.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com