Issue #6492 has been updated by uggsoutlet (uggsoutlet uggsoutlet).

=begin
=end
Feature #6492: Inflate all HTTP Content-Encoding: deflate, gzip, x-gzip responses by default

Author: drbrain (Eric Hodel)
Assignee: naruse (Yui NARUSE)
Category: lib
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
This patch moves the compression-handling code from Net::HTTP#get to Net::HTTPResponse to allow decompression to occur by default on any response body.  (A future patch will set the Accept-Encoding on all requests that allow response bodies by default.)

Instead of having separate decompression code for deflate and gzip-encoded responses, (({Zlib::Inflate.new(32 + Zlib::MAX_WBITS)})) is used which automatically detects and inflated gzip-wrapped streams which allows for simpler processing of gzip bodies (no need to create a StringIO).
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/