Issue #2567 has been updated by uggsoutlet (uggsoutlet uggsoutlet).

=begin
=end
Feature #2567: Net::HTTP does not handle encoding correctly

Author: slide_rule (Ryan Sims)
Assignee: naruse (Yui NARUSE)
Category: lib
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
 A string returned by an HTTP get does not have its encoding set appropriately with the charset field, nor does the content_type report the charset. Example code demonstrating incorrect behavior is below.

 #!/usr/bin/ruby -w
 # encoding: UTF-8

 require 'net/http'

 uri = URI.parse('http://www.hearya.com/feed/')
 result = Net::HTTP.start(uri.host, uri.port) {|http|
     http.get(uri.request_uri)
 }

 p result['content-type']     # "text/xml; charset=UTF-8" <- correct
 p result.content_type        # "text/xml" <- incorrect; truncates the charset field
 puts result.body.encoding    # ASCII-8BIT <- incorrect encoding, should be UTF-8
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/