Feature #6679:  Default Ruby source file encoding to utf-8

Author: claytrump (Clay Trump)
Assignee: naruse (Yui NARUSE)
Category:
Target version: 2.0.0

Let's change the default encoding for Ruby source files from US-ASCII
to UTF-8 in Ruby 2.0

??? Convention over Configuration
??? Ruby 1.9 forced encoding for code that was not pure ASCII, so
existing codebase already has magic comments.

In Ruby 2.0, "# encoding: utf-8" can be the default.
--
<lay trum/>

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/