On 5/14/05, nobu.nokada / softhome.net <nobu.nokada / softhome.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Sat, 14 May 2005 21:58:29 +0900,
> Erik Huelsmann wrote in [ruby-core:04980]:
> > > I think AC_TYPE_UID_T and AC_TYPE_PID_T also would be
> > > needed to remove.
> >
> > Yes. Though I have not been able to find any reference to
> > AC_TYPE_PID_T, I did remove AC_TYPE_UID_T.
>
> Sorry, AC_TYPE_PID_T was inserted locally, but AC_TYPE_SIZE_T
> has no problem with APR?

Not with APR, but probably with other software which defines and uses
POSIX types in their Windows port.

> > > Why not #ifdef?
> > Error on my part. Corrected in the attached patch.
>
> > +#ifdef HAVE_PID_T
> > +  typedef int rb_pid_t;
> > +#else
> > +  typedef pid_t rb_pid_t;
> > +#endif
>
> Seems inverted.

Ouch! Yes, it's inverted.

> Anyway, since I consider this useful and necessary, am going to
> commit it with correcting above #ifdef.

Thanks!

If you want to, I can search and replace any other POSIXly defined
types which are also defined in the ruby headers of any non-posix
system. That would include AC_TYPE_SIZE_T.

Thoughts?

bye,

Erik.