On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM, trans (Thomas Sawyer)
<transfire / gmail.com> wrote:

> Issue #7336 has been updated by trans (Thomas Sawyer).
>

> "you can always use parentheses if needed"
>
> Unfortunately it is very unnatural for a unit system. Let me give an example to explain. In Stick, the obvious DSL is:
>
>   10.meters**2  => 100m
>   10.meters^2   => 10m^2
>
> So, ** is power on the value and ^ is used to indicate power of the unit.

It doesn't make any sense (mathematically) to only do power on the
quantity. The unit is a part of the value.

 (10**10).meters => 100m
 10.meters ** 2  => 100m^2

Or, if you actually have 10 meters and want to square the quantity,
make it explicit that it's a weird thing to do:

  a = 10.meters
  (a.quatity ** 10).to_unit(a.unit)