Issue #7400 has been updated by MartinBosslet (Martin Bosslet).

zzak (Zachary Scott) wrote:
> =begin
> from github: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/206
>
> ((*These are tests we added to jruby-openssl over the years. They did not have equivalents in Ruby's test suite, so we are hoping to contribute them back to help build up MRI's suite as a common suite.*))

Thank you, I really like and appreciate the idea.

> ((*Some caveats:*))
>
> * ((*Not all of these pass in MRI's OpenSSL impl. Many differences appear to be minor, but I need help sorting out what's wrong in MRI or JRuby or minor enough that the test just needs to be patched.*))

OK, I will run the tests on my machine and publish the report here. We could discuss our next actions based on the results then?

> * ((*There are several tests that reference bug numbers from JRuby. We would like to contribute these tests, but we would ideally not lose the JRuby bug numbers for future reference.*))

I'm confused, I was thinking I could simply strip those references when committing it to CRuby, or not?

> * ((*This commit also adds fixtures for the certificate tests, using some self-generated certs, keys, etc.*))

Hmm, it might be worth the effort trying to combine what we have in an attempt to refactor and clean up. There's already similar stuff in our test suite, my bet is there will probably be some redundancies. I'd be happy to work with you to clean this up!

> ((*I am standing by to work with ruby-core on getting these tests incorporated.*))

Again, thanks for your efforts!

Feature #7400: Incorporate OpenSSL tests from JRuby.

Assignee: MartinBosslet (Martin Bosslet)
Category: ext
Target version: 2.0.0

[...]

=end

--