Feature #4772: Hash#add_keys

Author: yimutang (Joey Zhou)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category:
Target version: next minor

Hi, do you want to add a new method Hash#add_keys in a new version?

hash = Hash.new {|h,k| k.to_s + "foo" }
hash.add_keys("a","b","c") # the value is hash's default obj or proc value

If there's a word list file, I want to make the words keys of a hash, maybe I can write:

hash = {}
hash.add_keys(*open("file").readlines.map(&:chomp))

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/