Issue #7214 has been updated by denofevil (Dennis Ushakov).

luislavena (Luis Lavena) wrote:
>  AFAIK: debugger gem was a response to many of the installation issues
>  ruby-debug-base19 had, specially due the need to download Ruby source
>  and extract the internal headers during installation.
Actually link that I gave is sources of ruby-debug-base19x. These are both forks for the same reasons =)
ruby-debug-base19x was started earlier and intended to keep native frontend(base gem) and IDE/CLI backends separate.
Sources of the ruby-debug-base19x and debugger native part share lots of code

Bug #7214: Ruby 2.0 breaks support for some debugging tools

Author: banister (john mair)
Assignee: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0
ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0dev (2012-10-18 trunk 37260) [x86_64-linux]

Notably the "Pry" debugger breaks, and (though i haven't checked) I'm assuming the 'debugger' project as well. The reason for the breakages (as far as i can see) is that the `rb_vm_make_env_object` function is now hidden. In the comments for 1.9.3's vm.c it was stated an alternative API for `rb_vm_make_env_object` (see https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/ruby_1_9_3/vm.c#L53-60) would be provided, but I have been unable to find one.

Can you please inform me of where I can find the new API (if it exists), or alternatively, provide a work-around so we can get the debuggers working on Ruby 2.0

Thanks

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/