Hello,

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 01:06:51AM +0900, nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> At Sat, 21 Sep 2002 09:11:59 +0900,
> Jos Backus wrote:
> > As you can see, a bunch of characters are missing between ``host-name=sto''
> > and ``od-children-active=5''. I can think of only one explanation: perhaps
> > fwrite() in io.c:io_write() returns an incorrect count of bytes written when a
> > signal occurs?
>
> Have you asked Sun about this issue?

Not yet, first I want to make sure that this is indeed the issue. I will try
to instrument io_write() to figure out what is going on (e.g. write the data
to stderr -> a file when the fwrite() sees EINTR and compare n and the data
with the actual output). I will report back what I find.

> If fwrite(3) returns an incorrect count, it may mean that we
> have to reimplement it.  But if write(2) does, we can do little
> about it.
>
> # fputc() and fflush() byte per byte?

That would be slower :-(

> Nobu Nakada

Thanks,
--
Jos Backus                       _/  _/_/_/      Sunnyvale, CA