Issue #7380 has been reported by Eregon (Benoit Daloze).

Bug #7380: benchmark/driver.rb: --executables separator
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7380

Author: Eregon (Benoit Daloze)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0dev (2012-11-17 trunk 37693) [x86_64-darwin10.8.0]

Hello,

The separator used between ruby executables for the benchmark/driver.rb script is ";".
This requires the argument to be quoted (at least in bash/zsh) and produce an unintuitive result if not: only the first executable is taken by the script, the second executable launches the ruby interpreter with no arguments, thus waiting on stdin, which feels like the benchmark script hangs.

I proposed to use ":", the standard path separator instead.
For compatibility, ";" could split too, but I wish to document ":" in the help.

What do you think? May I go ahead?

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/