Feature #7322: Add a new operator name  #><  for bit-wise "exclusive or"

Author: alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

=begin
I propose to alias (({Fixnum#^})) and (({Bignum#^})), which stand for bit-wise "exclusive or", with a new operator name (({#><})).

Is it necessary to go along with C, Python, and Mathematica?
According to Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_or#Alternative_symbols ), the "^" symbol is not used for XOR outside of programming context.

Here are some examples of mathematical notation: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/XOR.html (there are also examples in the Wikipedia article).

The Unicode symbol is "???".

If eventually (({Fixnum#^})) as XOR is deprecated, this will liberate this symbol for other uses, for example for all kinds of exponential notations (for me, "a^n" usually means "the n-th power of a").
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/