nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 13 May 2005 07:58:40 +0900,
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote in [ruby-core:04937]:
>
>>>What will you propose instead?
>>
>>see below
>
> Where?  I meant alternatives to "make".

I do not propose an alternatives.

what I say is:

whatever tools you use, they should be transparent & simple to use.

This is a standard-requirement

-

as to "see below":

if you had a clean source-structure, none would need 'make' to extract
the sources-codes.

this is thus essential, that there's really nothing to discuss.

>>>It isn't used twice now.
>>
>>I don't understand.
>>
>>Can you please be more precise?
>
> dmyext.o is longer linked to miniruby in recent versions.

I'm working with 1.8.2, and my question was:

"why is "dmyext.o" used again (already within "libruby-static.a")?"

is this an mistake in the makefile?

or is it intentional for any reason?

.

--