Bug #6653: 1.9.2/1.9.3 exhibit SEGV with many threads+tcp connections

Author: erikh (Erik Hollensbe)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.2p290 (2011-07-09 revision 32553) [x86_64-linux]

the script: https://gist.github.com/4f36f8543ad702861096
the trace + output of the run: https://gist.github.com/cf7dd137ad65802c46ae

ruby -v is 1.9.2-p290, but we're seeing this in 1.9.3-p194 as well.

This does *not* exhibit on OS X, only linux, we tested on Ubuntu 12.04.

I can get more information if desired.

Just guessing, this appears to be a bug in how FD_SETSIZE is handled.

Thank you!

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/