Issue #7346 has been reported by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

Feature #7346: object(...) as syntax sugar for object.call(...)
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7346

Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: Next Major

I propose for the parser to interpret "object(...)" as "object.call(...)". It should raise NoMethodError at runtime if object doesn't respond to "call".

This would read better than using "call":

double = -> n { n * 2 }

double(3) == 6

Sorry if this has already been proposed before (and rejected) but I couldn't find any references to something like this using Redmine's search interface.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/