Assignee changed from ko1 (Koichi Sasada) to mame (Yusuke Endoh)

Maybe this second problem is fixed at r37647.
mame-san, could you check it?

Bug #6634: Deadlock with join and ConditionVariable

Author: meh. (meh. I don't care)
Assignee: mame (Yusuke Endoh)
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-linux]

I'm getting a fatal deadlock in one of my gems, it's a simple threadpool implementation.

The library works both in Rubinius and JRuby, so I guess it's a bug.

The gem is here: https://github.com/meh/ruby-threadpool

The example that crashes is attached.

Basically it raises a fatal deadlock if you join a thread and then call ConditionVariable#wait, I'm not 100% sure if the bug is in the ConditionVariable or what, all I know is that it happens in that situation and that it works on Rubinius and JRuby.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/