Issue #7326 has been updated by bt (Bernd Homuth).

@rohitarondekar thank you for the comments and welcome to ruby bugs :)

> I would prefer "The idea is borrowed from Perl:"
yes, sounds better, you're right.

> >> ((*The first DST is at 1916 in German.
> So we don't need to care DST before that.*))
>
> I would prefer "DST was used for the first time by Germany starting in 1916" and "Therefore we don't check for DST prior to 1916"
Doesn't really matter if it was used in Germany or elsewhere, should be rephrased altogether.

> Also IMHO I think it would have been better if the patch was split into two ??? one only for formatting changes and another for corrections. Don't do it because I said so! I just think it would have made reviewing the patch easier. :)
>
> I agree on CRuby needing a API Documentation guideline. The reasons are obvious, it will make editing and adding docs much easier for both newcomers as well as existing contributors. However how do you go about writing a documentation guide for a programming language? :) I'll try to find if other programming languages have such a guide.

yes to both, zzak sent me the link to this: http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DocumenterHowTo
so there is some documentation available. Needs some clarifications, though.

Bug #7326: Time.c doc improvements

Author: bt (Bernd Homuth)
Assignee: zzak (Zachary Scott)
Category: DOC
Target version: 2.0.0
ruby -v: 1.9.3

I tried to improve some parts of the documentation. Mainly I changed +Time+ for classes and _time_ for objects. I fixed some typos and probably introduced new ones. Please check carefully.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/