Description updated
Target version set to next minor

Feature #3848: Using http basic authentication for FTP with Open URI

Author: jlecour (Jérémy Lecour)
Assignee: akr (Akira Tanaka)
Category:
Target version: next minor

=begin
 Hi,

 I needed to download a file from a FTP server, with OpenURI and I've found that it is not possible to do it with authentication.

 There is an option in the OpenURI open method to use a username/password but it is not used in FTP connection, the username/password for FTP is always set to anonymous/_nil_.

 I've written  avery basic patch to use the option.
 Is it something that can be included in future releases of Ruby ? Is there a "clean" way to patch OpenURI in the meantime ?

 Thanks.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/