Feature #7292: Enumerable#to_h

Author: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

Now that #to_h is the official method for explicit conversion to Hash, we should also add

	Enumerable#to_h: Returns a hash for the yielded key-value pairs.

	  [[:name, 'Joe Smith'], [:age, 42]].to_h # => {name: 'Joe Smith', age: 42}

With the Ruby tradition of succint documentation I suggest the documentation talk about key-value pairs and there is no need to be explicit about the uninteresting cases like:

    (1..3).to_h           # => {1 => nil, 2 => nil, 3 => nil}
    [[1, 2], []].to_h     # => {1 => 2, nil => nil}

I see some reactions of people reading about the upcoming 2.0 release like this one:
http://globaldev.co.uk/2012/11/ruby-2-0-0-preview-features/#dsq-comment-body-700242476

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/