marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune) wrote:
> Oh, please excuse my ignorance. I'll revert `rb_enumeratorize` to what it was and create `rb_enumeratorize_with_size` instead, as you suggest.
>
> I thought that functions in intern.h were internal to CRuby... So, which headers are considered part of the Ruby CAPI?

intern.h was meant to internal CAPI as you thought.
But it is install to system and includes many essential CAPIs like rb_ary_*, rb_hash_*, and so on.
Therefore people used it as if it is public, and we must treat it as public while they are still unofficial.

Because of this failure, we now created true internal header file, internal.h.
(some says those header files should be restructured, but it is still not worked)
Bug #7302: r37497 changes rb_enumeratorize without NEWS