Hello Vit,

2012/11/6 V=EDt Ondruch <v.ondruch / gmail.com>:
> 2012/11/2 Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>
>>
>> We have taken considerable care in source-level compatibility with
>> 1.9.  We believe all "normal" programs will work without modification.
>> So, please give it a try, and report if your program does not work.
>

> Does it mean that Ruby 2.0 will breaks ABI, e.g. the ABI will be 2.0.0
> instead of 1.9.1 (as it was for Ruby 1.9.3).

Yes, ABI will be incompatible with 1.9.1.  So, to be precise:

- You can use existing "normal" Ruby scripts without modification

- You can use "normal" source code of existing extenstion libraries
  without modification, but re-compilation is needed.

Note: #6679 was introduced after preview1, which may cause a big
compatibility issue, especially, for non-utf-8 users.  We will
estimate the impact with preview2 release.

BTW: I'm thinking to change the ABI version *name*.  Ruby 2.0.1 will
use the same ABI version "2.0.0", which is very confusing, based on
the experience of "1.9.1".  I'd like to name it "2.0", but I must
talk with matz.

>  I am just asking, since the .so
> file is currently named libruby.2.0.0.so and abi-compliance-checker confi=
rms
> it (see attachment).

Thank you, very interesting.
The following functions (or global variables) disappered, right?
We should check each if the deletion won't cause compatibility issue.

Removed Symbols (25)
  OnigSyntaxPerl_NG [data]
  rb_barrier_destroy ( ... )
  rb_barrier_new ( ... )