Issue #4569 has been updated by ceresa / gmail.com (Marco Ceresa).

Hello knu,

just back from a quick holiday :)

Thanks very much for your update. Here's my feedback:

- introduction of IPAddr::Error for ease of selectively catching IP address errors

that's an easy change for IPAddress, shouldn't modify anything existing; will work on it in the following days and perhaps release a new version of the library

- inhibition of zero-filled IPv4 address notation which is ambiguous (as to number bases)

I'll check IPAddr changelog and let you know on this one

- removal of unexpectedly exposed IPSocket.valid* methods

That was already removed from IPAddress

Feature #4569: Replace IPAddr with IPAddress