> >> Up to nobu.
> >> But my personal opinion is that it may be difficult to include that in
> >> 2.0.0.  Sorry.
> >
> > Endoh-san, why (specifically) do you believe the patch would be difficult to include in 2.0.0?
>
> Just because it is technically advanced and not well-tested yet.
> It often makes debugging hard for us to complicate basic data invariant.
>
> But I'm not against if nobu applies the patch and if it causes no problem.
> So press him to review and commit the patch.

Understood. I just posted successful `make test` and `make test-all` results on trunk@37463 using win7 32bit and mingw-w64 gcc 4.7.2 and will try on my arch 3.6.5 vm w/4.7.2 when I see an updated trunk pushed to the github mirror. And if I'm feeling particularly flush with free time I may try it on my snow leopard vm.

nobu-san...any specific concerns or additional tests you'd like to see that are not already covered by trunk's test suite?

Jon

---
Fail fast. Fail often. Fail publicly. Learn. Adapt. Repeat.
http://thecodeshop.github.com | http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums