Issue #5123 has been updated by alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov).

I was only proposing an alias for now.
Feature #5123: Alias Hash 1.9 as OrderedHash

Author: alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

I read that it was a controversial decision to make Hash in Ruby 1.9 ordered.
It is not clear if the present implementation is the best possible.
I would like to express my thought.

It would be nice if the ordered Hash in Ruby 1.9 was aliased as OrderedHash.
That way people who rely on preserving the insertion order in some application (me, for example) could explicitly use OrderedHash, and developers of Ruby would be free to redefine Hash in future versions if a better implementation that a doubly-linked circular list is found.
(I read something about a possibility of using "red???black tree".)

Thanks.

Alexey Muranov.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/