Issue #6973 has been updated by alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov).

regularfry (Alex Young) wrote:

>  So if I knowingly and correctly construct a calculation which cannot
>  contain such an error, Ruby should tell me that it's wrong?

Alex, can you give an example, please?

Feature #6973: Add an #integral? method to Numeric to test for whole-number values

Author: regularfry (Alex Young)
Assignee: mrkn (Kenta Murata)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

Numeric#integer? checks whether an instance is an Integer.  It is often useful to check whether the value of a non-Integer variable is actually a whole number, and the #integer? method doesn't help here.

This patch adds Numeric#integral?, which performs this check.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/