Bug #5721: require_relative

Author: nocandor (rommel nocando)
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version: 1.9.2
ruby -v: -

Our users have found that with synchronicity's (a revision control system) populating with  -share option that the symbolic links break require_relative

bin/launchLib.rb:54:in `require_relative': no such file to load -- /blah/sync_cache2/s0d/simParse (LoadError)

The symbolic link is right on the file

eg. symParse.rb ->/blah/sync_cache2/s0d/simParse.rb

It will in fact follow links when the its at the directory level just not on the file.

We have a work around by populating this so the link is not on the file.

We would very much like a fix to this issue in future Ruby releases.

Should be easy to reproduce.

Thanks
nr.

--